Keryn has been passionate about meditation, healing and the inner human adventure for many years. It was a natural step to study Chinese medicine and work with people through the gentle yet powerful modality of acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
Chinese medicine is a holistic treatment. All aspects of your life influence your health and ability to thrive including your physical activities, work, emotions and the foods you eat. This means that to understand what’s really going on for you, Keryn will often ask questions about aspects of your life that may not always seem directly related to what you have come in for. Keryn will aim to provide relief from the most acute issue (e.g. pain, headache etc), whilst always looking to treat the ultimate cause of the issue to prevent its recurrence.
You are encouraged to be an active participant in your health, and Keryn can provide recommendations on diet and lifestyle and other factors as appropriate that will support our treatment in the clinic. An individualised acupuncture treatment will be developed for you and together we will work towards achieving and maintaining your health outcomes.
Keryn obtained her Bachelor of Health Science (TCM) at the University of Technology, Sydney. She completed an internship in China at the Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine where she trained in numerous hospital wards including acupuncture, gynaecology, cardiovascular and dermatology.
Keryn enjoys supporting people with a wide range of health needs. She has a particular interest in helping people who are looking for:
- Relief from musculoskeletal pain (eg low back, neck or shoulders)
- Support for stress-related symptoms (eg anxiety or insomnia)
- Help with with nasal and/or allergic issues (eg headaches associated with sinusitis; effective treatment for hayfever)
- Effective treatment and prevention for tension headaches or migraine
- Support to manage the symptoms of gastrointestinal issues (eg pain, stress or nausea associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS))
Keryn also holds bachelor’s degrees in engineering and science. She spent 13 years working as a professional engineer in Australia and overseas before bending her path into Chinese medicine. This background complements her thinking and approach to the workings of the human body. She continues to be involved in work with Engineers Without Borders. Keryn grew up on a farm in remote Western Australia and has a love for the natural environment, hiking, music and salsa.
- Bachelor of Health Science (TCM), UTS
- Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental, Hons 1A), UWA
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), UWA
- AHPRA registered: Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine
- Member of CMASA
- Member of AACMA
- First Aid certified
|Acupuncture initial appt||90 mins||$120|
|Acupuncture follow-up||60 mins||$90|
|Acupuncture follow-up 10-pack||60 mins||$75||Pre-paid pack $750|
|Acupuncture follow-up 6-pack||60 mins||$80||Pre-paid pack $480|
|Acupuncture follow-up 3-pack||60 mins||$85||Pre-paid pack $255|
|Acupuncture follow-up 4-pack – Pre-birth||60 mins||$80||Pre-paid pack $320 (additional single sessions at $80 )|