Lois has been interested in natural medicine, yoga, tai chi, energetic healing and meditation for over 25 years, qualifying in Reiki I and II in 1997.
With university degrees in psychology and Chinese medicine, she enjoys helping people to attain good health, ease and vitality through integrated treatments involving one or more of acupuncture, herbal medicine, reiki, moxibustion, therapeutic massage, diet and lifestyle advice.
Lois has enjoyed running a general Chinese medicine practice for fifteen years. During that time she has naturally become focussed on helping people in a few main areas:
- trauma-aware practice and how to support people with trauma or PTSD (including assisting with symptoms such as pain, anxiety, insomnia or nausea)
- women’s health (eg supporting women and couples going through IVF or pain relief with issues such as pelvic pain)
- anxiety, insomnia and stress-related symptoms
- Effective treatment and prevention for tension headaches or migraine
- Support to manage the symptoms of gastrointestinal issues (eg pain, stress or nausea associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS))
As a passionate advocate for natural birth and gentle parenting, Lois is in touch with many wonderful practitioners in the local area who work in these areas. She works in conjunction with other modalities where appropriate.
In recent years, Lois has been exploring the body’s role in trauma symptoms and recovery. She has attended workshops with recognised leaders in this field (from a Western medicine perspective). She is involved with a local network, Community of Calm’s Trauma-Informed Practitioners group, who meet regularly to share knowledge, provide trainings and hold community events in order to raise community awareness and resilience.
Lois has a Bachelor of Applied Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) from the University of Western Sydney and has completed internship training at Jiangsu Province Chinese Medicine Hospital in Nanjing, People’s Republic of China. She also holds a Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) (Psychology) from Charles Sturt University. She is a practising member of the Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA), a registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and is recognised by all major health funds.
Lois is the Director of The Village Healing Centre (previously known as Ocean Acupuncture). She enjoys providing a supportive environment where dedicated Chinese medicine practitioners can develop their unique style while enjoying camaraderie and collaborative learning with like-minded peers.
Qualifications and training
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Traditional Chinese Medicine) – University of Western Sydney
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) (Psychology) – Charles Sturt University
- Internship – Jiangsu Province Chinese Medicine Hospital, Nanjing, People’s Republic of China
- Certified Hunyuan Practitioner- Hunyuan Research Institute for Chinese Classics, Connecticut, USA
- Reiki I and II – Usui Reiki Network
Accreditation & Registration
- Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner, Chinese Medicine Board of Australia / AHPRA
- Accredited member, Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA) – www.acupuncture.org.au
|Acupuncture initial appt||60 mins||$160|
|Chinese herbal medicine consultation intitial appt||45 mins||$160|
|Acupuncture follow-up||60 mins||$95|
|Coaching session plus acupuncture||90 mins||$250|
|Coaching session||60 mins||$180|
|Chinese herbal medicine consultation follow up||30 mins||$75|
|Acupuncture follow-up 10-pack||60 mins||$80||Pre-paid pack $800|
|Acupuncture follow-up 6-pack||60 mins||$85||Pre-paid pack $510|
|Acupuncture follow-up 3-pack||60 mins||$90||Pre-paid pack $270|
|Acupuncture follow-up 4-pack – Pre-birth||60 mins||$85||Pre-paid pack $340 (additional single sessions at $85 )|