Chinese herbal medicine involves the use of plant and mineral substances that have medicinal properties.
The Chinese herbal medicine tradition also includes some animal-derived substances, but their use is rare. Only ethically-produced products, and no products from endagered animals, are used by practitioners at this clinic. We can easily accommodate patients who prefer non-animal products. Most herbal formulae are plant- and mineral-based.
Although less widely known in the West compared with acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine is an important component of Chinese medicine practice.
At this Clinic, herbs are available in several forms, depending on your condition:
- Water-soluble granules act rapidly and are easy to take
- Herbal capsules are a useful alternative and consist of granule herbs inside a capsule
- Herbal pills are not as strong as granules or capsules and are especially useful for maintenance treatment once the initial health complaint has been resolved
- Raw herbs are dried plant parts that are cooked into a strong medicinal tea
- Herbal medicine can also be applied as tinctures, linaments, ointments, washes, patches or creams for external use
How can I find out more?
If you’d like to find out how Chinese herbal medicine may help you to achieve your health goals, request your 15-minute Free Consultation and meet one of our practitioners to find out more.